In order to ensure the best possible experience for our users and make continual developments to our website and user facilities, it is necessary for Creative Somerset to collect some anonymous information on usage behaviour.
It is also necessary in best practice to implement security technology to safeguard your Identification and ensure no one uses your information for unauthorised access and improper use.
1. Information automatically collected
Google may gather other non-personal information (from which we cannot identify you) such as the type of internet browser used, geographical location of our audience etc. which Creative Somerset may use to provide you with a more effective service.
Creative Somerset gathers information volunteered via the content management system from our Members, using the password protected areas.
2. Cookies Used
Our implementation of security and Google Analytics makes use of the following 5 cookies:
- Creative Somerset.com PHPSESSID – A user php session cookie that enables logged in Members to move around the site without their session timing out and preventing from being repeatedly asked to login again. However if the site is left unattended it has an hour session time out. Session cookies are destroyed whenever you close your browser and they do not store any unidentifiable or sensitive personal data.
- Google Analytics Determining Visitor Session – Again very much like the php session cookie, however used in a slightly different way tracking two cookies to establish a session. If either of these two cookies is absent, further activity by the user initiates the start of a new session.
- Identifying Unique Visitors - Each unique browser that visits a page on your site is provided with a unique ID via a _utma cookie. In this way, subsequent visits to the website via the same browser are recorded as belonging to the same (unique) visitor. Similarly if the same browser were used by two different visitors, but with a separate computer account for each, the activity would be recorded under two unique visitor ID’s. On the other hand, if the browser happens to be used by two different people sharing the same computer account, one unique visitor ID is recorded, even though two unique individuals accessed the site. No personal information is stored.
- Tracking Traffic Sources and Navigation - Recorded when visitors reach the website via a serach engine result, a direct link, or an ad that links to your page, Google Analytics stores the type of referral information in this form of cookie as a _utmz. This type of cookie gets updated with each subsequent page view to our website and determines visitor navigation.